What connects festivals with the Great British Summer?
Is it the reminiscence of a bygone era, beneath the sunset with friends old and new, at either Glastonbury or in a picturesque setting in the middle of the countryside, singing and dancing along to your favourite records of the time?
Maybe it is the feeling of getting away from the office for a well-deserved break, basking in the glory of a sunny day with the family and locals.
Whatever it may be, Ealing Council are once again set to return to Walpole Park and beyond by announcing the return of the series of Ealing Summer Festivals.
So good news - they are back for another summer run of seven festivals throughout July, with a total of 16 days throughout the month, catering for all tastes and interests. Ealing Council have been excellent in planning the festivals in the height of summer and catering for a condensed schedule with both midweek and weekend events held, so expect a Carnival atmosphere, Comedy, and Music in the Park!
Here are the dates that you need for the diary this July.Greenford Carnival –
Saturday 8 July, Ravenor ParkEat, Drink, Ealing –
Saturday 1 July and Sunday 2 July, Ealing CommonEaling Beer Festival (presented by CAMRA)
– Wednesday 12 to Saturday 15 July, Walpole ParkActon Carnival
– Saturday 15 July, Acton ParkEaling Comedy Festival
– Thursday 20 to Friday 21 July, and Wednesday 26 to Friday 28 July, Walpole ParkEaling Blues Festival
– Saturday 22 July and Sunday 23 July, Walpole ParkEaling Jazz Festival
– Saturday 29 July and Sunday 30 July, Walpole ParkSee the Ealing Summer Festivals website for full details, including event line-ups.